Job Categories: Legal
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangsar
You will form part of our Legal team. You will report to the General Counsel. You will assist the General Counsel on all legal matters relating to the Company and the KLDX Platform to ensure that the Company and the KLDX Platform is in compliance with the relevant laws and guidelines whilst considering the business objective of the Company.
- Assist the General Counsel on all legal related matters including conducting legal review of the listing application and draft White Paper submitted by potential issuers and/or all legal matters relating to potential issuers or investors;
- Prepare and update template agreements/documents to be entered into between the Company with third parties [(i.e. issuers, investors, vendors, service providers, partners, etc) as well as agreements/documents relating to the KLDX Platform [(i.e. Listing Rules, Platform Terms and Conditions, etc)];
- Review and comment on the agreements/documents relating to the product offerings and the transactional agreements/documents;
- Assist with legal research/legal advice on all legal related matters as well as evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions, operations and changes and development in the law;
- Assist with any submissions and liaison process with the regulatory authorities (i.e. SC) in particular for the maintenance of the licences as well as any new licensing approvals;
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory developments and update the relevant teams on such new legal and regulatory developments [(including conduct training for the employees, etc)];
- To liaise with and manage external third parties (i.e. law firms, advisers, etc);
- To assist the General Counsel on potential disputes and litigation matters involving the Company; and
- To assist in duties relating to coordinating Board and Committee meetings and assisting in the drafting of resolutions, board or committee memorandum, etc (if required).
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Possess a degree in law and admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaysia;
- Fresh graduate or 2 years to 3 years’ experience gained law firms or in-house counsel for a reputable Company;
- Exposure to fund raising, capital markets, fundraising and/or due diligence related matter including familiarity with the relevant securities laws and regulations [(i.e. Capital Markets and Services Act 2007, Companies Act 2016, etc)] is an added advantage;
- Positive attitude, resourceful, self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision and under tight timelines.
- Ethical, discreet and able to maintain confidentiality; and
- Ability to manage large volumes of agreements, documents, multitask, and work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.