Job Categories: Risk and Compliance
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangsar
The Risk Manager’s primary responsibility is to communicate risk policies and processes for the Company. You will assist in providing hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit, and operational risk, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support.
The Risk Manager will report to the Head of Risk and Compliance.
- Assist the Head of Risk and Compliance in the planning, design, and implementation of an overall risk management process for the Company;
- Evaluate risk, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the Company such as costs, legal requirements, and environmental factors, and evaluate the previous handling of risks;
- Assist in the preparation of risk reports for management and other stakeholders;
- Undertake corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
- Assist in implementing health and safety measures, and making business continuity plans to limit risks;
- Liaison with external auditors; and
- Provide support, education, and training to staff to build risk awareness within the Company.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in a risk role with an asset management/ banking/ financial institution and/or regulatory environment;
- Good analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Good communication and presentation skills; and
- Degree in law, business, management, economics, finance, or equivalent.